Monday, May 3, 2010

Bub-owl!

I lay down with Stuart on my bed, to try to get him to go to sleep. He was not too sleepy and very talkative. He started out by asking for things. "Bub-owl! Bub-owl!" Where's Bub-owl, Stuart? "Don't know." He feels around and does not find Bub-owl, and says, "Down there!" I find the owl. "Bub-owl! Yay!"

Then after a pause, "Duck Blanky!" "Duck Blanky!" I thought if I just quietly ignored it, he'd give up, but after the 20th "Duck Blanky!" I called out to Steve who was in the hall way that we needed Duck Blanky.  Steve tossed it in, and Stuart said, "Yay. Duck Blanky, on top." So I spread the duck blanky on top.

There was another pause, and then, "Banana! Milk! Banana! Milk!" No Stuart. It's bedtime. "Banana!!" "Banana!!" "Wah. Banana." He would have stomped his foot, but he was lying down. I said that maybe I should go to sleep, and he should get up and do work, and he said, "No. Me sleep. You work." And he fell asleep almost immediately. Unfortunately, so did I, and now I'm too groggy to do much but go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment